Q: What is UOY´s Start Creating?
- UOY´s Start Creating — is a software platform that helps us to obtain your body measurements contactlessly. We will send a measurement link to you via SMS or email. Using the measurement link, you will be able to scan yourself with any smartphone.
Q: Do you keep the photos somewhere?
- UOY´s Start Creating doesn’t store, keep, or save photos under any circumstances. After the photos are processed, they are instantly deleted from our servers. UOY-UncovertheOriginalYou- is a compliant company and we highly value and respect the privacy of our customers.
Q: How can I scan myself?
- We provide 2 options for our customers to take photos:
- With a friend mode - here, you have someone snap the 2 photos from you.
- Hands-free mode - here, you have the ability to take the photos by yourself using our voice-controlled table flow.
Q: I received the link, but the camera on my mobile device doesn't work properly. What can I do?
- If your camera is indeed not functioning due to technical phone problems, at the moment, UOY doesn’t offer a second option for Start Measuring. However, booking online or in Studio is always a good alternative. If the issue is about providing camera access to the browser. Please follow these steps:
- Open “Settings”
- Scroll down and click “Safari”
- Scroll down and click “Camera” (Section “Settings for websites”)
You need to choose an option:
- “Ask” - you will be notified each time you need to use the camera on your browser.
- “Allow” - browser will have access to your camera without any restrictions.
- Open “Settings”
- Scroll down and click “Apps”
- Scroll down and click “Chrome”
- Scroll down and click “Permissions” (Section “App settings”)
- Turn on the button “Camera” by clicking (as shown on the screenshot below)
Q: How do you scan yourself?
- You receive an SMS (or an e-mail) with a measurement link that is opened through a browser from any smartphone, and then scan yourself. The process is easy and fast. As a first step you provide your height, weight, and gender; the second step is to take 2 photos, front and side. If needed, you can ask a friend to assist and take photos of yourself. If you are alone, you can easily continue through the voice controlled table flow and take photos by putting your smartphone on a table against a coffee mug or any backing. If you’re curious for more or have questions please watch our demo.
Q: How do you take a photo properly?
- Here’s our full recommendation list as well as technical requirements for the photos:
- Wear fitted clothing: tight jeans, a tank top or tight shirt, yoga pants, fitted blouse, snug clothing, etc.
- Make sure your pockets are empty. Take off all unnecessary items of clothing and accessories, such as hats, bracelets, and bags.
- Long hair should be tied up or pulled back.
- The pose should be natural with relaxed arms as shown in the photos (don’t squeeze your legs, put or hold your hands together, place hands in pockets, or stand stiff).
- The distance between your feet should be 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm).
- The distance between you and the camera should be about 6 to 8 ft. (2 - 2.5m). The camera center placement should be at the waist level of the person.
- Make sure your photos are bright and clear—with the distinct contour of your body. Photos in the dark won’t work.
Q: Can I have multiple measurements on one profile?
- We only allow one set of measurements per profile. Each person wanting to purchase from UOY should create their own customer profile so that their measurements are used to create their garments.
Q: My UOY account is locked - what do I do?
- Here are some troubleshooting steps if you are having issues logging into your UOY account:
- Resetting your password if you are still unsuccessful logging will send a password reset link to your email. If you don't receive this email, check your junk folder and spam settings and try resetting again if needed
If the above steps are not successful, please contact our Customer Experience team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you have your basic personal information available and access to your account email for security and verification.